Friday 12 December 2008

On the 9th December, the day I first started working on this project, we went into the editing room to practice editing on some clips for our Thriller project. There were some film clips already uploaded onto the computer, and it was just our chance to test out the features of the program, and work out how to put clips together, to make them flow smoothly, and all fit with each other. I was working with Nasima, and with her help, I managed to pick up the knowledge quite quickly. We managed to make our clips flow smoothly, and I was really happy with the final piece. Once we were satisfied with out work, we had to move on to editing another set of clips. On the day I wasn't in, our class had been put into their groups and had done some filming. They had filmed a game of cards, from all different angles, where the basic story was that one of the players was a very sore looser, and pulled a gun out on the other player once they won. A very strange story, and I don't know who made it up, but that was the one we had to go with.
I was in a group with Nasima and Layla, yet Layla wasn't in, and neither was a member from another group, so me and Nasima joined with the two members of group 39. We got to work with them, and started editing their clips. Then it was the end of the lesson.
Today, 12th December, we continued editing the clips. There was some confusion at the beginning of the lesson, as all members of both groups were in today, and yet the groups seemed too big. We managed to resolve this by splitting into other groups, yet me and Nasima stayed with group 39, as we had already done some work with them. There were a few problems with our clips, however.
As I understand it, group 39 started shooting late. So, they had very limited film to begin with. The things that were shot were shaky, and they had very few different angles and action. It was quite hard to work with the shots that we had, but we tried to make the best of it. However, one crucial scene was missing - The part where both players "snap" during the game of snap, which is the entire reason he pulls out the gun in the first place. As a result, our film doesn't make much sense. I learnt a bit more about editing, however - such as how to add music to the short film, how to slow it down, and how to upload it onto the blogs. Still, I'm really not happy with the overall finished film. It's too short due to the lack of clips, I don't think the music works well at all to create suspense. However, i'm glad it's only a practice, and I hope our thriller will be a lot better.

No comments: