Tuesday 27 January 2009

filming the thriller day one

Filming part one
In today’s lesson we started to film our thriller. This is the part where the girl is researching about the devil.
We were going to try and do all the filming in our 1 ½ hour lesson however we done over four hours of filming. We did get the shots done by referring back to the storyboard, however some of the shot which we had on the storyboard we couldn’t do. We also came up with some of the shots while we were filming as the film will be shot like a montage. Some of the shots had to be slightly changed or totally scrapped because of the lighting; most of the shots were lit by candle light and some with the spot light. I think went well, is that all the props were brought in and did look quite authentic. However due to the above reason I am not completely satisfied with all the shots because they weren’t the shots I exactly put on the storyboard and what was in my mind. But I will have a positive view due to that the editing might help it the way we want it to look like. I also the editing is one of the major part in our thriller.
Tomorrow Lisa and I will be coming in at lunch to use the apple Macs to see if the shots are decent enough and are bright enough to see all the props. We also check if we have enough footage and see if we missed any of the shots out or need to re- shoot any.
On Saturday we will do the rest of the filming of the girl summoning the devil. I really do hope that the filming goes well better than today because we just need natural lighting however I have seen the weather and says it’s going to rain a little but hopefully its only a drizzle and this may add to the effect.

No comments: