Tuesday 27 January 2009

Starting to Film

In today's lesson, we started filming our first scenes for the thriller. We ended up spending over 4 hours filming.

Today, we were aiming to finish all of the shots where our main character is researching about the devil. We did manage to get all of our shots done, however, there was some ideas that we realised we couldn't do, some more we added that we thought of on the spot, and some we had to change slightly due to the lighting making it hard - most of our shots were done by candle light. Luckily, we brought in all of the props we needed, and a storyboard helped us stay on track of what we were shooting. However, I don't feel that happy with what we shot. I'm not sure why. The shots don't look how I thought they would in my head - however, that's to be expected. We can't get the shots perfect.

Tomorrow lunch time, Nasima and I will be meeting up to look at what we shot on the Mac Computers, to see if everything turned out okay, and see if there is anything we forgot to shoot etc. I don't think there will be, but it's always good to check.

Now that we know what we're doing, I'm hoping Saturday's filming will go more smoothly - we won't have to fuss about with lighting, as we will just be using natural daylight.

No comments: