Wednesday 25 February 2009

editing day 4

Today myself and Lisa came in at lunchtime to continue with the editing, Lisa stayed during I was at my third lesson and after I continued while she went home.
I watched the Arlington Road opening and tried to get more inspiration and trying to achieve what they did. I think, as we did use it as our inspiration we achieved a lot of what they did like the negative, discolouring, shaky/handheld cinematography. However unlike the Arlington road clips, which are have effects on all of them our one only has effects on the outside clip and in the beginning.
Our opening is relying more on the mise-en-scene to create the right atmosphere rather having action straight away. As we are more focused on the mise-en-scene we didn’t use a variety of camera angles, we mostly used close ups to create the thrilling, eerie effect. Showing parts of books, and the face. This keeps the audience guessing.
After college I worked more on the detail like the credits and getting the flickers fast and flowing. I listened to the songs which I downloaded from a copyright free website I heard it many times and then made my teacher Mary listen to it, she liked it and said that we could edit and cut the piece of music for our thriller on apple Mac pro. Tomorrow at break and any spare time we will continue editing.

No comments: